Deputy Director of Housing Development
The Deputy Director of Housing Development is a senior position responsible for overseeing all phases of real estate housing development from project inception through construction and occupancy.
- Coordination of community development initiatives, from initial planning through construction completion; that includes vacant and occupied building rehabilitation, new construction, multi-family rental, 1-4 family home ownership, commercial and community facility projects.
- Lead in the analysis of potential development sites: land-use, site capacity, target population, program elements, and financial feasibility.
- Supervision of real estate staff to implement development projects
- Coordination of development team: consultants, architects, contractors, etc.
- Coordination of project financing and closing and construction.
- Assist in determination and analysis of community needs in terms of housing and quality of life issues; assist in formulation of policies and initiatives to meet these needs.
- Assist in writing funding proposals for housing and community development projects.
- Min. BA/BS degree with four or more years of work experience in a real estate development or related field; urban planning, architecture, construction, finance, property management.
- Familiarity with housing programs & policies at City, State & Federal levels
- 2+ years supervisory experience
- Experience with project and program coordination: clients, consultants and collaborators.
- Experience with loan underwriting, project feasibility analysis and urban design
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, computer expertise, ability to work on several projects simultaneously and independently.
- Knowledge of minority and low income, NYC and major issues: Housing, community development, local planning.
Commensurate with experience; Health, Dental and other fringe benefits
How to apply
If interested, please send resume and cover letter indicating salary requirements to:
St. Nicks Alliance
Attn: Dep. Director Housing Development Search
2 Kingsland Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11211
Or fill out the form below.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until position is filled.
Apply: Deputy Director of Housing Development
2 Kingsland Avenue
Brooklyn, NY, 11211